Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The magic playlist

My post last week started a really wonderful conversation about running playlists. After getting some truly excellent suggestions for songs to add to my tired old rotation (Walking on Sunshine by Katrina & the Waves and Miami by Will Smith will warm you up faster than a killer hill workout), I thought it was only fair to share the playlist that's rocking my running world right now. I'm still hunting for new songs to freshen up my February running mix. Got more ideas? Please, please, please share 'em below!

You Can Do it - Ice Cube
Unwritten - Natasha Beddingfield
The Watcher - Dr. Dre

Til I Collapse - Eminem
What’s the Difference - Dr. Dre
Kick in the Door - The Notorious B.I.G.
Two Step, Live at Red Rocks - Dave Matthews Band
Halleluja - Jeff Buckley
How It Ends - DeVotchka
Fight the Power - Public Enemy
Fugeela - The Fugees
City of Blinding Lights - U2
Run On - Moby
Survivor - Destiny's Child
Scenario - Tribe Called Quest
M-E-T-H-O-D Man - Wu Tang Clan
Moving to New York - The Wombats

Also check out the Run, Fat Boy, Run soundtrack, which includes a song by the Fratellis that's perfect to start a race to. Stay tuned for a post about why this movie pumped me up more than Prefontaine ever could.

6 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww, I lost my post. I deleted the one above to add html and make prettier.

    Great playlist, Amy. Some of those songs I haven't heard of before. I'll have to check them out and let you know what I think.

    Here are a few staples in my iPod:

    Black Kids - I'm Not Gonna Teach Your Boyfriend (This a Jax band.)

    Bob Schneider - Mudhouse

    Galvanize - Chemical Brothers (You may recognize some people in this video.)

    Stereophonics - Dakota

    ReplyDelete
  3. Downloading all of these immediately ... thanks for the suggestions!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amy,
    My current mix. Mostly'90s with an oddball thrown in here and there:

    Ready to Run - Dixie Chicks
    Where It's At - Beck
    No Excuses - Alice in Chains
    Sho' Do - Ollie Nightingale
    Good Times - Chris Ardoin & Double Clutchin'
    Talk About the Passion - R.E.M.
    Migra - Santana
    Pump it Up - Elvis Costello
    Gainesville Rock City - Less Than Jake
    Cherub Rock - Smashing Pumpkins
    Buried Alive by Love - HIM
    Epic - Faith No More
    Mountain Song - Jane's Addiction
    Big Funk - King Crimson
    Bullroarer - Midnight Oil
    Warning - Green Day
    Pump up the volume - Marrs
    Just a Girl - No Doubt
    All the Same - Sick Puppies
    Baby It's Tonight - Jude Cole
    Ode to a Butterfly - Nickel Creek

    Now, there's a good blend of music here, but you might find - especially in the middle section - that I tend to like HARD music when I run. I'm just sayin' . . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, and I've got an easy way to get you mp3s if any of this interests you.
    peace

    ReplyDelete